What does the Prestige LP® Cervical Disc Treat?
The Prestige LP® neck disc replacement treats cervical degenerative disc disease. When non-surgical treatment options do not alleviate symptoms this procedure may be recommended. Factors that help determine if the patient is a candidate for this procedure include:
- Good spinal maturity and quality
- Arm tingling, pain, numbness or weakness
- Neck pain
- Myelopathy impacting walk
- Radiculopathy causing weakness through arm to hand
- Unsuccessful course of non-surgical treatments
A complete evaluation will be conducted to confirm evidence of:
- Herniation of disc through to the outer part of disc
- Bony growths
- Decrease of comparative disc height
Patients with these conditions and symptoms are thoroughly evaluated to determine candidacy for disc replacement surgery and Dr. Braxton can perform the advanced Prestige LP® Cervical Disc implant procedure to decreased pain and a return to preferred activities and lifestyle as quickly as possible.