How to Know if you Have Scoliosis?
Dr. Braxton will take a complete history and perform a physical exam. Dr. Braxton will get an accurate measurement of the degree of spine curvature. During the exam, he will assess:
- Balance and walking that is impaired
- Discomfort standing or sitting
- Changes in posture
- Atrophy of muscle, nerve damage or hypertrophy
- Length of leg discrepancy
- Favoring or leaning to one side
- Pronounced protrusion of rib on one side
In severe cases, patients can have a pronounced heart and/or lung problem.